Ever wonder how I film multiple videos each month? Well, I’ve got a few tips and tricks up my sleeve! By using these video tips, you can easily do it too!
In case you hadn’t noticed lately, video is huge! If you have any interest at all in running a thriving business, making videos should be at the top of your priority list.
The one problem with videos? They can take forever to do. But, I’ve cracked the code on how to film multiple videos in one day and cut my time working on filming in half. Today I’m sharing my top video tips!
How to Film Multiple Videos in One Day: 4 Tips
Do you want to film multiple videos in one day? Well, we have some tricks up our sleeve that will help you get it done! Here’s what you need to do:
1. Pick a time of the day when your schedule is not too hectic and plan everything out accordingly.
For example, if you know your kids will be at school for the day, plan to film right after drop off so you have plenty of time. The last thing you want is your video being interrupted with “mom! can I have a snack?”. You’ll also want to pick a day that is not too busy. I usually pick a mid-week option like Tuesday or Wednesday, but it’s up to you!
2. Plan out your wardrobe (and accessories!) ahead of time.
Film content with wardrobe changes if possible. I always find this helpful for getting footage to look like it was done on different days rather than all at once! I go as far as to lay out all my clothing and even different accessories for each video. That way, each one has a fresh look.
As you’ll see in my quick video below, my wardrobe starts out nice and neat but as I go through and wear each piece it can descend into chaos. That’s okay! When I’m done with my filming day everything gets scooped up and put into the washer – easy peasy!
3. Have a filming plan.
Write a content plan beforehand so that all of your ideas are organized neatly on paper before filming begins. This will make the process more efficient and less stressful.
There are several ways you can do this, but I like to write down all the videos I want to film in Trello cards and set out what each video will entail (topics, time length of video). This way, my content planning is done for the week, and everything is nice and organized.
4. Keep a close eye on your calendar and upcoming events.
Make sure to have an editorial calendar set up with deadlines and due dates for posts, blog series, etc., so you can stay on top of things and be prepared for the next video. I also like to look a few weeks out
In fact, if I had to summarize it, the trick to getting enough footage is simple: just plan ahead! Spend a little time on your content planning, wardrobe changes, and editorial calendar so that you’re fully prepared for any situation as soon as it arises.
Watch: How I Film Multiple Videos in One Day
Want to see a few tips in action? Check out this 3-minute facebook video and see how I get it done.
What to Do with Your Videos
Now that you have all these awesome videos filmed and ready to go, let’s talk about what to do with them!
- Promote videos on social media. Facebook is one of my biggest traffic drivers, and I attribute a huge part of that to all the videos! You don’t have to live post things either. You can sit down and schedule out a week’s worth of content in just an hour!
- Use them in email campaigns, and anywhere relevant to your niche.
- Share them with leaders in your field so they can share too. Just make sure to return the favor!
- Upload video content to your Youtube channel. If you want an easy way to get started, consider doing a video series.
- Add videos to Tik Tok and Instagram.
- Promote them on your website and/or blog.
And there you have it! Spend just a little time getting ready and prepping for videos, and a bit more time sharing them, and you have helped your business tremendously.
Want even more tips and tricks for video and marketing to help your business explode? Join me in Paint Party Headquarters! You’ll learn everything you need to know to grow a thriving paint party business.